Thursday, April 21, 2016

Jacob Culliton

A Shiny Pearl in a Greasy Bag

Running past a burger joint, 
my stomach at its breaking point.
From a distance far away
I saw Checkers in my way.

Didn't look like much at first,
but had to quench my burning thirst.
Once I'd opened up that door
and saw the classic old decor,

my mind traveled through time and space
waiting in that tiny place.
When the waitress came from yonder
the building of burgers from beyond her.

My senses did not disappoint
and found myself at a critical point.
"What to eat and what to drink"
She asked me with a tiny wink.

When she came back with my food,
from the bag the grease had spewed
which made me sorta hesitate,
but my stomach could not wait.

Kind of made my senses tingle,
with just one bit of that juicy single.
In spite of the okay display,
now I go there every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment